[Arabidopsis] Canadian Plant Genomics Workshop 07- Registration now open

cpgw_org via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cpgw_org from interchange.ubc.ca)
Sat Mar 17 14:02:56 EST 2007

Hello:

I am pleased to announce that registration is now open  for the the 5th Canadian Plant Genomics Workshop to be held at
Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside,  Vancouver on July 30-Aug. 2, 2007.  This workshop will bring together Canadian researchers and internationally-renowned scientists to explore recent advances in genomics research and it's integration within the plant sciences. The meeting will examine the latest developments in genomics; insights into the processes and pathways that control plant development, metabolism, or interactions with the environment and other organisms; and new opportunities for biotechnology.

Information, concerning the meeting including program, registration, abstract submission and hotel booking can be found at our website:

http://www3.botany.ubc.ca/CPGW2007/

Besides having an outstanding list of invited speakers, a great venue and a poster competition for students, a harbour cruise is plannned for the banquet.  I think you will enjoy the meeting and hope you will plan to come.  Early bird rates and limited space for the banquet cruise are good reasons to register early.

Dates to remember include:

a.. March 1: registration opens
a.. May 11: early bird registration deadline
a.. May 11: deadline for abstracts to be considered for oral presentation
a.. May 29: accommodation registration deadline
a.. June 01: deadline for abstracts to be included in abstract book

I have attached a poster with the 2nd announcement.  Please post the announcement in your department replacing the 1st announcement.  It is important to note that the conference organizer E-mail is now cpgw_org from interchange.ubc.ca.

Best wishes,

George Haughn, chair
CPGW 2007
Vancouver