[Arabidopsis] Erythrose 4-phosphate measurement in plants

XIONG,YUQING via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by yqxiong from ufl.edu)
Fri Apr 11 10:42:47 EST 2008

Hi, everyone,

I want to measure the erythrose 4-phosphate (E4P) in Arabidopsis.
However, I found only two papers of measuring the E4P in fungus
(Ruijter and Visser, 1999 Biochimie 81;267-272) and in
animal(Paoletti, Williams, and Horecker, 1979, Analytical
Biochemistry 95:250-253). Is there anyone who have the alternative
protocol for measuring E4P in plants? Or if the above-mentioned
methods apply to the plants, what buffer can I use to extract
metabolites in plants? Thanks in advanced. You will be greatly
appreciated for any of your information and suggestions.

Yuqing

Department of Microbiology and Cell Science
University of Florida