[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position available

Henrik Aronsson via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by henrik.aronsson from dpes.gu.se)
Wed May 5 04:33:00 EST 2010

Post-doc position available in Plant Molecular Biology: The chloroplast vesicle transport system

Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
University of Gothenburg, Sweden (www.dpes.gu.se<http://www.dpes.gu.se/>)

We seek a highly motivated person who is interested in attending a post-doc period in Plant Molecular Biology. The topic deals with vesicular transport inside the chloroplast using the plant model Arabidopsis thaliana. The position is funded for 12 months by Carl Tryggers Foundation and can be prolonged if successful. The grant is 20000 SEK/month (~2000 EUROS/month).

Project description
The aim of the project is to understand how the thylakoid membrane is initially formed and maintained. We aim to further test the hypothesis of a chloroplast localized vesicular transport system, similar to the membrane transport between the endoplasmic reticulum and the Golgi apparatus. Some years ago several proteins were identified as putative chloroplast-localized proteins with a high sequence similarity to components of cytosolic vesicular trafficking (Andersson & Sandelius 2004, BMC). Recently we published a paper for one of these proteins, which we call CPSAR1 (Garcia et al. 2010, Plant J, in press). The paper describes CPSAR1 as a potential actor in chloroplast vesicular trafficking, which will promote investigations into this poorly characterized process and in thylakoid biogenesis. We now aim to obtain biochemical data for more putative proteins involved in the chloroplast vesicle transport system.

Requirements
An ideal applicant should posses a PhD degree in plant molecular biology or a related field necessary to accomplish the mission given. Computer skills are necessary and general genetics and molecular biology laboratory skills are required. Experience from work with protein expression, vesicles and GFP imaging is a plus.

Application
Please submit your CV, a letter describing your research interest and skills, list of publications, and contact information for two references by email to Dr Henrik Aronsson (henrik.aronsson from dpes.gu.se<mailto:henrik.aronsson from dpes.gu.se>). Please include when you will be able to start the position. Application deadline is 17th of May.

For further information please email Henrik Aronsson, the PI of this project.

Henrik Aronsson, PhD
Associate Professor
University of Gothenburg
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
Box 461, SE-405 30 Gothenburg
For normal mail, please use address above.
For deliveries (packages, courier, etc.), use:-
Carl Skottbergs Gata 22B
SE-413 19 Gothenburg