[Arabidopsis] vertical growth

Tokuhisa, James via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by tokuhisa from vt.edu)
Wed Nov 24 12:22:35 EST 2010

Dear Arabidopsis folks,

I measured the tape cassette box for my copy of the Doors:  L.A. Woman and it is the same thickness as a standard Petri dish.  A horizontal tape cassette rack might accommodate Petri dishes in the vertical.

Two root metabolite analyses examples shed light on root physiology.  Hairy roots grown under light green and produce altered profiles of steroidal glycoalkaloids relative to nongreen cultures (Growth and steroidal saponin production in hairy root cultures of Solanum aculeatissimum; Ikenaga et al. 1995, Plant Cell Reports 14, 413), and "Light induces phenylpropanoid metabolism in Arabidopsis roots" (Hemm et al. 2004, Plant J 38, 765).

Cheers,

Jim Tokuhisa, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor

Horticulture Department
503 Latham Hall
Virginia Tech  (0390)
Blacksburg, VA 24061

Office:  (540) 231-5653
Lab:  (540) 231-5365 424 Latham
FAX:  (540) 231-3347
Email:  tokuhisa from vt.edu<mailto:tokuhisa from vt.edu>