[Arabidopsis] beneficial insects for greenhouse control

Grant, Sarah R via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by sgrant from email.unc.edu)
Wed Mar 26 13:44:53 EST 2014

Our greenhouse manager is thinking of using the following insects for general insect control in our greenhouses:
Chrysoperia (Lace wing) which controls Mealybugs, scales, aphids, thrips, fungus gnats, and shore files
And Amblyseius Cucumeris [mite] which controls thrips
We are concerned that these insects could get into Arabidopsis flowers and cause cross contamination of our genetic experiments. If you have experience with these biocontrol insects, we would be grateful for information about any problems they have caused for Arabidopsis experiments. I would be happy to post a compilation of your answers to the Arab-gen server.

Thank you!
Sarah Grant

sgrant from email.unc.edu
Web page: http://bio.unc.edu/people/faculty/grant/