[Arabidopsis] Araport Activities at PAG XXIII, San Diego

Town, Christopher D. via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cdtown from jcvi.org)
Thu Jan 8 15:59:13 EST 2015

The Arabidopsis Information Portal (Araport), was funded by NSF to develop a new model for assimilation and integration of a wide range of data types pertaining to our favorite plant. Now entering its second year, our web site (www.araport.org<http://www.araport.org>) hosts instances of JBrowse and InterMine containing genomic, expression and proteomic data. Current work includes efforts to train community members to expose their own data using web services and to develop apps to consume and display data from remote sources. Members of the team will be making presentations on a number of topics at the Plant and Animal Genome XXIII Conference in San Diego that starts on Saturday and we invite you to attend and participate.

There will be a dedicated workshop organized jointly by Araport and the IAIC:

Arabidopsis Information Portal & Intl Arabidopsis Informatics Consortium

Date: Monday, January 12, 2015. Time: 12:50 PM-3:00 PM; Room: Pacific Salon 6-7.

The workshop will feature talks by Araport team members and by community developers of Araport apps, as well as talks from others in the Arabidopsis community including TAIR and NASC.

Other oral presentations:

In Tripal Database Network and Initiatives

Date: Sunday, January 11, 2015; Time: 4:00 PM-6:10 PM;

Room: California

5:30 PM W876<https://pag.confex.com/pag/xxiii/webprogram/Paper15710.html> Tripal within the Arabidopsis Information Portal<https://pag.confex.com/pag/xxiii/webprogram/Paper15710.html>, Vivek Krishnakumar

In Computer Demo 3

Date: Tuesday, January 13, 2015; Time: 10:30 AM-12:40 PM; Room: California

12:30 PM C23<https://pag.confex.com/pag/xxiii/webprogram/Paper16135.html> Using the Arabidopsis Information Portal<https://pag.confex.com/pag/xxiii/webprogram/Paper16135.html>, Jason R. Miller

In GMOD Workshop

Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2015; Time: 10:30 AM-5:00 PM; Room: Golden West

11:30 AM W410<https://pag.confex.com/pag/xxiii/webprogram/Paper17189.html> JBrowse within the Arabidopsis Information Portal<https://pag.confex.com/pag/xxiii/webprogram/Paper17189.html>, Vivek Krishnakumar

Posters:

P0790 Data Integration for the Plant Research Community: The Arabidopsis Information Portal

P0792 Developing Content for the Arabidopsis Information Portal

Visit us at the PLANT GENOMICS OUTREACH CONSORTIUM BOOTH (#407) in the exhibition area.

______________________________
Chris Town
Professor
The J. Craig Venter Institute