[Arabidopsis] BLASTing with Gramene -- Free Webinar Tuesday 20 October @ 2 pm EDT

Marcela K. Monaco via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by mmonaco from cshl.edu)
Mon Oct 12 12:39:01 EST 2015

Webinar: Gramene BLAST Tuesday October 20th, 2015

2:00 pm EDT/11:00 am PDT

BLASTing with Gramene <http://gramene.org>!

Gramene is an integrated resource for comparative functional genomic and
pathway analysis in crops and model plant species.

The Gramene database invites you to a FREE 30-min webinar on Gramene BLAST.

The webinar will highlight important features of the sequence BLAST tool
and demonstrate how to maximize your chances of getting the best BLAST
hits. The tool allows aligning query sequences against genomic DNA, cDNAs
and translated peptides of 39 plant genomes in Gramene.

Have you ever had a hard time with a particular BLAST issue? Drop us a
line! [webinars from gramene.org]. We would be happy to address it during the
presentation. Exercises will focus on Arabidopsis and explore homologous
gene search for functional and evolutionary similarity. We welcome specific
requests or use-cases from plant research communities (e.g., Solanaceae,
Oryzae, etc.).

We would love to hear from you!

Join us online on Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 at 2:00 pm EDT.

To register to this FREE webinar go to
http://cshl.adobeconnect.com/gramene_webinar_oct2015/event/event_info.html

Stay in touch with us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/Gramene>

Gramene (http://www.gramene.org) is a curated, open-source, integrated data
resource for comparative functional genomics in crops and model plant
species.

The Gramene Project is a collaboration of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory,
Oregon State University, EMBL-EBI, and OICR.

Gramene is funded by NSF award IOS:1127112. Partial support comes from the
USDA and USDA-ARS.