[Arabidopsis] PhD-student position available

Gleason, Cynthia via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by cynthia.gleason from wsu.edu)
Tue Jun 14 16:43:58 EST 2016

I have an PhD-Student position available in my lab in the Department of Plant Pathology at Washington State University, Pullman, working on plant-nematode interactions. The position will start in the spring semester, 2017. The project will characterize the compatible interaction between plants and root-knot nematodes at a molecular level.  It will involve exploring the differentially regulated genes in the nematode during plant infection and working to understand the roles of these genes in nematode parasitism. The PhD candidate will be expected to analyse gene expression profiles and dissect plant signalling pathways required for successful nematode infections using molecular and biochemical techniques.
Applicants should be highly motivated and show a strong interest in plant and/or nematode biology. They should also have experience in plant molecular biology.

For information about the graduate program in the Department of Plant Pathology and how to apply, please see http://plantpath.wsu.edu/students/future-students/
For specific information about the position, please contact Dr. Cynthia Gleason at cynthia.gleason from wsu.edu<mailto:cynthia.gleason from wsu.edu>

Cynthia Gleason
Assistant Professor