[Arabidopsis] Confirming pif4/5 mutants from stock center

Dave Horvath via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by HorvathDP from gmail.com)
Mon May 9 11:09:15 EST 2016

Hi All,

I ordered the pif4/5 mutants from the stock center, to look at the role these genes might play in crop-weed interactions. In preliminary experiments, I can see no difference between the mutants and the wild type with or without weeds. Thus, I need to confirm that these lines are pif4/5 mutants. I have found the sequence of the tDNA insert site for the pif5 mutant, but  nothing for the pif4 insertion site. I grew seedlings in low light, but still can not see any obvious difference- perhaps a very subtle reduction in hypocotyl length. Is there a good way to test this line to ensure the stock center sent me the correct line?

Dave Horvath
USDA-ARS
Fargo ND