[Arabidopsis] PhD position at the University of Maine -- Please share

Ek Han Tan via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ekhtan from maine.edu)
Wed Apr 12 09:57:20 EST 2017

Dear all, a PhD position is available in my lab starting Fall 2017. Details
below.

Thank you,
-han

*PhD Position: Molecular Genetics (University of Maine)*

Job Description:

A PhD research position is available at the University of Maine, Orono.

The student will develop and conduct research at the interface of
chromosome biology and genome engineering. We are particularly interested
in using uniparental genome elimination to manipulate ploidy in plants and
to use this as a model to elucidate the mechanisms behind chromosome
remodeling in vivo. We work in a highly collaborative atmosphere and the
student will also have the opportunity to interact with the potato breeding
program at UMaine. Candidates with strong interests in molecular biology,
proteomics, genomics and cytogenetics, with familiarity with unix and R are
highly encouraged to apply.

Qualifications: Bachelor's or Master's degree in genetics, genomics,
proteomics, bioinformatics, biology, systems biology or in any related
field.

*How to apply:* Please submit an online application using this link
<https://goo.gl/forms/CeV0jq7cHFYNkcFa2>:
https://goo.gl/forms/CeV0jq7cHFYNkcFa2 -- and send an unofficial transcript
as part of your application to <ekhtan from maine.edu> by the application
deadline of May 1st, 2017.

Last day to apply: May 1st, 2017

Expected start date: August 1st, 2017

Salary: $19,667 stipend, tuition waiver (up to 9 credit hours/semester, 1
credit hour in summer), and health insurance.

Please contact me for any inquiries:

Han Tan, Assistant Professor
School of Biology and Ecology, University of Maine
email: ekhtan from maine.edu
phone: +1 (207) 581-2995
website: www.haploidgenomics.com