The computerization of audiology

HNGBIKER hngbiker at aol.com
Tue Aug 15 12:51:49 EST 1995

I would suggest that whatever you do with computers and whichever programs
you use, you be very careful about trying to use one computer to meet all
of your goals.
For instance, in my office we use the Virtual system running on a MAC for
audiometry and reports on audiometry. An IBM clone is used in another
"hearing aid" room to run NOAH and the Resound PC expert. Still in another
room are Nicolet supplied computers for ABR (Spirit) and ENG (Nystar) - I
purchased these before they were merged into one unit. And of course you
need billing computers and work stations for office staff if you have more
than one receptionist/billing clerk.
I'm not necessarily recommending this complement of equipment. But I am
recommending that you not try to make one piece of equipment meet all of
your needs when you probably soon will have conflicts as to who and what
application takes precedence.