Student group in audiology

UNCAud uncaud at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 22:55:38 EST 1995

When I contacted AAA, I was told that the candidate member category was
for students. They said I could receive JAAA and Audiology Today (which I
already did through the hearing aid co. issues). Other than that, you
really dont get any benefit from sending in your $20 (except supporting
AAA). I have attended NSSLHA meetings at two different universities and
was usually the only audiology student due to the long-standing feeling
that audiology students dont get much (if any) consideration. I think it
would be good to have an official vehicle to voice our opinions
collectively to groups such as ASHA and AAA. Please excuse me if this
seems a little incoherent but it is the end of a long day.
Jenna