Unusual Hearing Loss

Susan Moore smoore at otolaryngology-po.oto.uiowa.edu
Tue Dec 10 18:20:55 EST 1996

Using a K-amp circuit with such a patient is definately
out (so's my spelling...BTW) because it is 1) a NOISY circuit
and 2) it amplifies high freqs specifically, and with
such normal hearing at 6 and 8kHz, this is *not* what you
want.

The CIC fit is nice if she can use her stethescope with
the CIC but by the same token, a CIC is going to also
do more in the highs than a more conventional aid would.
Since you are not dealing with an extreme case of hearing loss,
maybe just a (gasp) plain low gain higher SSPL type ole' linear
class D CIC woulddo the trick.  Phonak right now has some low priced
CICs that I have had some nice results with--but of course,
these patients have been standard high freq loss types...

Susan Moore
smoore at otolaryngology-po.oto.uiowa.edu