Hearing Device Industry - Question

dybala at utdallas.edu dybala at utdallas.edu
Sat May 25 00:33:31 EST 1996

MCH (milesh1 at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> I am trying to find a source for a current
> industry report for the hearing device industry,
> which would list all the major companies
> involved and their respective market shares,
> technologies, reputations, etc.

> Would appreciate an e-mail if anyone knows of
> such an analysis or a source for it.
> Thanks.

Hearing Industries Association (HIA) has that type of information
most manuf are members of HIA.  Serge Kochkin (sp?) does
reports in the Hearing Journal using HIA information.

Try some old HJ issues or contact the HIA.

The two major players world wide, as far as I know
are Starkey and Siemens, as far as ITE-ITCs are conerned.
If you get into BTEs it is a whole different enchilada
with Oticon and Unitron becoming involved.  I was shown
a breakdown of who is number one in what about a year ago
so the actual info is kind of fuzzy now.

And now for something completely different!

BTW, I graduate tomorrow!!!! MS in Audiology, I will
be starting the Ph.D. program in the fall.

Anyone up for a discussion on the tonotopic plasticity
of the central auditory system?
(I am working on a topic!)

--
Thank you for your support,