More about the USENET updates: VMS software.

smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu
Sat Aug 4 07:51:13 EST 1990

In article <1990Aug4.012439.9628 at phri.nyu.edu>, roy at phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) writes:

> 	I know a lot of sequences were dropped on the floor at phri when
> our network link was down for a while, so mcclb0 didn't get them either.

The link was down for about two weeks, so we FTPed the sequence batches from
GenBank for that period, and loaded them into the Update bank by hand.  So we
should not have lost that many for that reason.

One question is therefore whether many sequences missed being sent out in the
update feed.  1,000 seems a lot to have missed.

|Ross Smith, Cell Biology,  NYU Medical Center,  550 First Ave.,  NYC, 10016|
|Phone: (212) 340-5356: FAX: (212) 340-8139 (Alternate NYUMC) (212) 340-7190|
|E-Mail:  SMITH at NYUMED.BITNET (BITNET),  SMITH at MCCLB0.MED.NYU.EDU (Internet)|