Draft of text for Sources instructions.

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Mon Dec 30 12:31:35 EST 1991

In article <9112301614.AA29305 at genbank.bio.net> MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET (Foteos Macrides) writes:
>        Are there any plans to mirror the bionet.software.sources submissions
>on ftp.bio.indiana.edu and to provide email access via gene-server at bchs.uh.edu

I'll stuff any biology software that comes my way onto the iubio (ftp.bio)
archive.  Let me remind both biology software authors and those of you who
use biology software, that you are more than welcome to drop off any software
or data that is publicly shareable to the iubio archive.  Just use anonymous
ftp to ftp.bio.indiana.edu, directory Incoming, and "put" your contribution.
Please include a "Readme" short text description of any such contribution.

The iubio archive, and the other biology archives, can be made better for all
of you if some of you who benefit from getting files here will take a bit
of time to return a contribution in kind.  I don't have the time to copy
everything from other archives and sources that would be useful having in
the iubio archive.  So if you find some public biology software that isn't
at the iubio archive, please consider dropping it off at ftp.bio.indiana.edu.
		-- Don
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at bio.indiana.edu