Summary of archivers, zoo for VMS

Dan Davison Davison at UH.EDU
Wed Jul 17 10:00:52 EST 1991

smith at mcclb0.med.nyu.edu said:
> Any idea where these compressors can be found?  I would really like to get
> ZOO V2.x for the VAX/VMS (or anything else for that matter), and other
> programs for the Mac and PC would be really welcome.

ZOO for VMS (don't know which version offhand) is on the Gene-Server
in the VMS area for e-mail and anonymous FTP as zoo.uue. SEND VMS
ZOO.UUE should do it.

Lots of compressors/archivers for DOS are available there too.

The address is gene-server at bchs.uh.edu.  The same files should be
available from ftp.iubio.indiana.edu, the EMBL File Server, and FUNET.

dan
Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77204-5934/davison at uh.edu/DAVISON at UHOU

"If the choice had to be made between saving the lives of lawyers or saving
whales, there is little doubt that the overwhelming majority of Americans
would come down on the side of the whales" Justice Wallach, NY Times 4/3/91

myself.