Entrez where to get and costs

cherry at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU cherry at OPAL.MGH.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Jan 8 09:43:29 EST 1993

>In article <1993Jan8.094733.3472 at pollux.lu.se>, Bo.Servenius at wblab.lu.se (Bo Servenius) writes:
>>* What OS is it available for?

SUN SPARCstation with OpenWindows, Ultrix workstation with Motif, SGI
Iris workstation, Macintosh, or PC compatible with Microsoft Windows,
and VMS workstation with Motif.

>>* Performance on Sun SS10 compared to Mac

Faster on the Sun, but you are limited by the speed of the CD-ROM so
the speed difference is small. I personally use if on a Macintosh most
however I have SPARC and VMS versions available.

>>* Hardware requirements?

CD-ROM and graphic display (does not work on a character based terminal.)

>>* Costs for the different versions

Software is Free, the CD-ROM cost about $60 for a years subscription
which includes six issues of the CD-ROM.

info at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Or use anonymous ftp to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov and look in the entrez directory
for the README.

I'm not an offical source of information about Entrez just another
user.

Mike