Computerized Lab Notebooks

Ernest Retzel 1535 49118 ernest at lenti.med.umn.edu
Sun Jan 10 15:01:49 EST 1993

I can think of lots of reasons why *not* to do it....

On the other hand, I can also recall, several years ago, a presentation about
the UK-equivalent of extension agents showing the farmers how to use the
computers for increasing their productivity out of the back of their
pick-up trucks.

There are several Virtual Notebook projects out there; they have varying
degrees of flexibility, and most are expensive.  At least one of them [the
Baylor project] really does feel like a better idea...

A big part of my work life centers around my work computer; I, for one, keep
trying to get an ISDN experiment running to my home...I want that data, and
I don't want a copy of it to carry.  And I hate paper!

my 0.02.

Ernie Retzel