Postscript on the screen

Harry Mangalam mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Wed Jan 13 13:11:08 EST 1993

Jean-Loup Risler writes:

> Here is a simple question: suppose I write a program in Postscript in order
> to produce a nice and beautiful scientific drawing. Now I want to have a look
> at it.
>
> - I can print it on our laser printer attached to the Vax
> - I can no more print it with my Mac because the version of SendPS that I
>   used does not work with System 7. Does anyone know where I could retrieve
>   a recent version of SendPS ?
> - I can display it on our VaxStation thanks to Display Postscript.
> - I'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO DISPLAY A POSTSCRIPT FILE ON MY MACINTOSH SCREEN!
>   This is really ridiculous. Does anyone know of a program which enables to
>   display a Postcript file onto a Mac screen ?

   There is a program called Ghostscript which will do just this.  It's
available from the Info-Mac archives (and probably from the FUNET
archives).  It was just recently posted in Mac-executable form (but it
operates in a text window - it's a first release).  Here's some gopher'ed
info (from info-mac.src):

Info Mac Digest
finchm at csugrad.cs.vt.edu (Michael 'Job Hunt' Finch)
Info-Mac Digest V11 #2:  [*] Ghostscriptbinary.sea.hqx