Homology in blastp program

Jonathan Kurtis Jonathan_Kurtis at Brown.edu
Wed Sep 21 14:05:54 EST 1994

I just posted a question regarding homology in the blastp program. Sorry
to bother you all again, but I did not make my question very clear. When I
get the output of a blastp search, I get an alignment of my query aa
sequence and the target aa sequence.If the aa at a given position is
identical, then that aa is ploted on a line in between the query and
target sequences. If the aa at a given position is 'homologous' then a "+"
is plotted. What aa are considered homologous?? thanks in advance for your
help.

--
Jonathan Kurtis

International Health Institute