NetEntrez under OS/2 problem

Robert Roxby rr at BMMB01.UMESCI.MAINE.EDU
Tue Sep 27 11:45:49 EST 1994

I have NetEntrez running pretty well under OS/2, but there is a problem.  When
I finish using the program and exit, it doesn't really go away.  The
operating system still thinks it is there and, for example, asks for
permission to close it on shut down.  This in itself wouldn't be so bad, but
it is STILL there when I start up again and will eventually cause a crash of
the whole system.  It is only after this crash and reboot that things return to
normal.  Actually, I have had similar problems with NCSA Mosaic, another
Windows app.  Can anybody tell me what is going on here?  Thanks, Bob