Hel: A software of calculating DNA structure.

rmw rwadkins at cbmse.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jul 27 13:57:38 EST 1995

In article <3v8g26$6ql at news.csie.nctu.edu.tw>
root at I_should_put_my_domain_in_etc_NNTP_INEWS_DOMAIN (root) writes:

> Hi:
>         Could anyone tell me where I can find "hel"?  It is a
> software written by a professor,  for calculating many characteristic
> data of DNA or RNA such as alpha, beta, rise, twist, tilt plot.
> Thanks in advance!
>                                         sjlin

NEWHEL93 (the last version I know of) was written by Dick Dickerson
and is available from the Brookhaven Protein Data Bank via FTP at:
ftp.pdb.bnl.gov
See also http://www.pdb.bnl.gov

It's in Fortran and has a few VMS calls that may need to be
modified for use on a Unix, DOS, or Mac platform.  It'll do everything
you asked for, though.
--Randy