Programming language querry

Philip Butler butler at jouy.inra.fr
Wed Jun 7 06:56:24 EST 1995

Rob Miller (rmiller at bsm.bioc.ucl.ac.uk) wrote:
:   I suggest you also take a look at Tcl/Tk, a script language with ...
Thanks for correcting the omission on my part.

: If you run into anything that's too
: numerically intensive, it's trivial to extend the interpreter with new
: commands written in C or C++.
APL simply provides a fine efficient way of extending the scripting approach
to many number crunching problems.

What I like about Unix is that you can pick the language that is best adapted
to each specific task and then combine all the pieces of software together.
This is extremely difficult to do with DOS (as I found out the hard way...).
 /WWW\ Philip BUTLER			e-mail: butler at jouy.inra.fr
 |o,o| INRA/UCD/Service Linguistique	tel:	(33.1) 34.65.24.54
 \_=_/ F-78352 Jouy-en-Josas Cedex	fax:	(33.1) 34.65.22.72