NIH-Image software

Dan Johnson djohnson at biost1.thi.tmc.edu
Fri Jun 9 09:18:22 EST 1995

In article <3r7h87$8ni at inkblot.med.cornell.edu>,
mjbroek at mail.med.cornell.edu (M.Johan Broekman) wrote:

> Hi Software wizzes:
>
> I am looking for software to help me quantify Northern blots and other
> linear separations which could be captured using a B/W scanner.  I...

I have used NIH Image on the Mac quite a bit for this type of analysis,
and although its a little clumsy to use, it works fine.  Several versions
are available commercially, but you can download it for free directly from
the NIH ftp site.  There is no PC version that I know of so far, and I do
not know about running on an emulator vs. a true Mac.  If you have any
trouble locating the NIH ftp or file, e-mail me and I will send out the
exact address.

Good luck.
Dan Johnson