sequence software

Z.Huang huang.zhong at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Dec 2 16:45:36 EST 1997

Z.Huang wrote:

> I also tried several times but it obviously refused my visit. As you have
> done already, I e-mail them for login name and password but get no
> response so far. So I have to treat this site as bad link.
>
> Huang Z
> K.U.Leuven
> Belgium
>
> Brian Rous wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Arne Mueller wrote:
> >

> > > I've heard about a windows based program "Prophet" which is easy to use
> > > (but not as powerfull as gcg is!). A friend of mine as used it and he
> > > says it's ok. I think you can download a free demoversion. Habve look
> > > at http://www-prophet.bbn.com/seq-analysis.htm
> > >
> > >       thanx,
> > >
> > >       Arne
> > >

> > Does anyone know how I can get hold of this software? It looks very good
> > and the site says that it is free, but the link to try and download it
> > from the site doesn't seem to work. I've tried e-mailing the "report
> > problems" mail address, but haven't had a reply.
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas? Or got it on another FTP site?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> >         Brian Rous

Finally I received guest account from the company and downloaded the
software successfully. In general this software works well in considering
it's rare character of freeware in similar products. I just tried primer
and probe analysis function in prophet5.0 but didn't fell so satisfied. I
can choose much of primers from GCG package but I can only get one set of
primer from prophet in term of the same cDNA sequence. Anyway I think
this software is still a good stuff I have ever seen(for win95).

Huang Zhong
Gut Hormone Lab
K.U.Leuven
Belgium