OS/2 or Windows 3.x Software to build plasmids

Dr. Peter Gegenheimer PGegen at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Mon May 12 12:12:28 EST 1997

In <3376F30F.61DE at mi.aau.dk>, Roald Forsberg <roald at mi.aau.dk> writes:
>Bernhard Kleine wrote:
>>
>> Hi thereout,
>>
>> while MAC software for the presentation of Plasmids, sequences, etc looks to be available
>> anywhere, I have difficulties to find shareware or commercial software running on a PC.
>> Win 95 may also be possible, but for the time to be I would prefer OS/2 or windows
>> software.

For WIndows, try Clone Manager (SciEd Software, demo available from http://www.scied.com/). Excellent, graphically-oriented, easy-to-use, and better than most Mac software. The WIn 3.1 version runs smoothly under Win-OS/2. FOr native OS/2, the only thing right now is FirstBase, a very simple -- and free -- sequence editor/ORF finder/translations (contact rhughes at ucsd.edu; I forget the web address).  FIrstBase is now bundled with LiCOR DNA sequencers.

It will help the cross-platform cause if you let SciEdSoft know that you're interested in software developed with the Open32 API (which allows cross-compilation between Windows NT and OS/2).

|  Dr. Peter Gegenheimer       |  Vox: 913-864-3939  FAX: 913-864-5321  |
|  Departments of Biochemistry |    PGegen at UKans.edu                    |
|   and of Botany              |    http://rnaworld.bio.ukans.edu/      |
|  University of Kansas        |                                        |
|  2045 Haworth Hall           |  "The sleep of reason produces         |
|  Lawrence  KS  66045-2106    |   monsters."                  Goya     |