US-CA-SSanFran: Biotech Robotics/Database Programmer

Dave Kristofferson jobs at EOSBIOTECH.COM
Tue Jun 22 20:44:41 EST 1999

Eos Biotechnology in South San Francisco has an opening for a contract
programmer as described below.  Please do not respond to my address
but use jobs at eosbiotech.com if you are interested.

David Kristofferson
Director, Information Systems
Eos Biotechnology, Inc.

----------

Contract Software Engineer : Laboratory Information Systems Management
(LIMS)

Objective:

To develop specifications for, and then to implement, a LIMS to
support DNA microarray production / experimentation / analysis.  The
programmer will work closely with scientists to design and build the
application.  Work will be supervised by Eos' database and information
systems group and will be integrated with existing database
structures.

Experience:

At least 2 years work experience; facility with Visual Basic and/or
Visual C++, and Microsoft SQL Server. Experience with LIMS,
robotics/instrument control, database specification/design.  An
engineering background and/or knowledge of Tcl/Tk (used to control one
of the robotic systems currently in use) is a plus.

Please send resumes to Eos Biotechnology, Inc., HR, Attn: Job#99-15,
225A Gateway Blvd., South San Francisco, CA 94080 or by fax to
650/583-3881 or by email to jobs at eosbiotech.com.  Resumes submitted by
e-mail should be in text format only, please.  EOE

About Eos Biotechnology ( http://www.eosbiotech.com ):

Eos Biotechnology is focused on developing new, genomics-based
technologies and applying them to the generation of information needed
for the discovery of new drug targets and patient management tools. A
distinguishing feature of our business strategy is to initiate,
integrate and execute disease-focused, experimental biology-based
target discovery programs, rather than providing a technology platform
or service. Our initial target discovery activities are in the areas
of inflammation and oncology. However, our approach can be
successfully applied to a variety of disease processes.

What differentiates our approach is our:

- Effective integration of biology and genomics technologies to
rapidly select robust drug and diagnostic targets

- Broad genomics technology platform including multiple DNA array
technologies, high throughput oligonucleotide synthesis capabilities,
normalized differential transcript displays, and novel bioinformatics
tools for the integrated analyses of genomic data

- Ability to enable "real time" biology-based experiments with
genomics tools

- Genomic profiling of a broad range of biological systems including
human tissues, in vivo models and primary human cell culture systems
to identify disease-relevant systems for use in target validation

- Biology-driven expression databases allowing the efficient,
effective comparison of key pathogenic processes and mechanisms common
to multiple diseases