protein sequence generation

Vangelis Rokas erokas at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Thu Mar 25 08:10:06 EST 1999

Peter Hufnagel wrote in article

> I am looking for a program to generate all possible
> amino acid sequences that mach a given molecular weight
> pluminus a certain tolerance.

	I could write a program for you (if you do not find anything else). All
one has to do is to find the combinations of the amino-acids that match a
specific weight (isn't that right? ). That is not difficult. The problem is
that for big molecular weights you end up with a really huge list difficult
to handle.

regards,
Vangelis Rokas

--
Vangelis Rokas
erokas at mail.ariadne-t.gr
... and its true we are immune, when fact is fiction and TV is reality...