Last week's news headlines

Przemko Tylzanowski przemko at med.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Sep 24 01:46:45 EST 1999

"Richard P. Grant" wrote:

> In article <u9ogev3tnf.fsf at wol.wustl.edu>, eddy at wol.wustl.edu (Sean Eddy) wrote:
>
> >You should probably check the reliability of your sources more
> >carefully in the future.
>
> See 'Nature' 401:204
>
> 'US gene sequencing company Celera announced last week that it has
> completed the sequencing phase of its collaboration with the Berkeley
> Drosophila Genome Project . . .'
>
> H*T*H

> --
> Richard P. Grant MA DPhil         |         rgrant at cmtech.co.uk
> home: www.avnet.co.uk/adastra     |         work: www.cmtech.co.uk
>       What did you say your username was?  <clickety-click>

and from Celera's own site:
COMING SOON . . .

                                             Welcome to the future site of Celera
Genomics’ online
                                             sequence database. Celera completed
sequencing of the
                                             Drosophila melanogaster (fruit fly)
genome on September 9,
                                             1999, and will begin making sequence
data available to the
                                             public in late October 1999.
Publication in collaboration with
                                             the Berkeley Drosophila Genome Project
(BDGP) will occur in
                                             early 2000.
So, indeed looks like a contract violation to me...

Przemko