Dnatools sequence analysis
swr at crc.dk
Thu Aug 16 04:25:10 EST 2001
Dnatools upgrade to version 5.2.071 is available on the dnatools homepage:
www.dnatools.dk for downloading.
If you need a comprehensive software package for handling and analysis of
nucleotide, protein and primer sequences, try dnatools.
Many new functions have been added to the program and the existing ones been
carefully tested in coorporation with the many - more or less satisfied -
Among the new facilities you will find:
- Advanced options for sequence listing.
- Automated blast search on local single or multiple databases - or as
client or by e-mail on the NCBI blast server.
- Improved dot matrix dna and protein sequence comparison.
- Fairly good EST clustering function with several options for
- Safe handling of duplicate sequences in projects.
- Facilities for sequence extraction from chromatograms (soon also
including basecalling with the currently best basecaller,
LifeTrace, published in Genome Research 11, 2001, by Dirk Walters
- Several functions for trimming raw sequences. Soon also exploiting
quality data derived from ABI and MegaBace sequencers.
Some (actually most of) the new functions are not yet described in the help
files (context sensitive or web) so you have to experiment - or inquire.
You can use dnatools free of charge for as long as you wish - but must
register your copy to get a license after four months.
Dr. scient. Soeren W. Rasmussen
Carlsberg Laboratory, Dept. of Physiology
10 Gl. Carlsbergvej, DK-2500, Copenhagen
Phone +45 33275230
mail: swr at crc.dk
dna sequencing software: http://www.dnatools.dk
graphic design: http://www.scigraph.dk
More information about the Bio-soft