Poitical abuses in national research authority

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Tue Oct 22 12:51:18 EST 1996

In article <stephan-ya023180002110961518520001 at news.ucla.edu> Stephan
Anagnostaras, stephan at psych.ucla.edu writes:
>legalized is an entirely separate issue.  THC is a psychoactive
>substance, can impair driving and judgement, and in the smokable form
>contains many potent carcinogens.  For this reason, I don't feel that
>hemp should be available to the general public (nor should cigarettes).

Stephan,

I am *not* trying to be inflammatory here, but out of curiousity, do you
also think that alcohol should not be available to the general public?

If you don't think that, what is the difference in your view between
alcohol and cannabis with respect to why one should be legal and the
other not?

-Matt