postdoctoral positions available

Guy Lemay guy.lemay at UMontreal.CA
Sun Apr 16 10:19:27 EST 2000

Two postdoctoral positions are available immediately. Salarial support
can be offered for at least two years. The applicant should preferably
possess a working knowledge of the french langage.
	The first project concerns mammalian reovirus biology. The laboratory
has been active on this topic for the last 10 years and we are currently
expanding the work toward applications of the virus as a vector. It is
expected that the postdoctoral fellow will interact with graduate
students on all aspects of the work but will take the leadership on the
characterization of the newly discovered enzymatic activity of the
sigma1 protein. This is a very original discovery made in our laboratory
and that could have important consequences in viral pathogenesis and in
the development of more efficient viral vectors.
	The second project is pursued in collaboration with the laboratory of
Dr. Éric Cohen and concerns the maturation of retroviruses, HIV in
particular. We have established ourselves as leaders in the field of
polarized viral maturation. We are now trying to further exploit the
system to get a better knowledge of viral targeting to specific cell
surfaces and the importance of these phenomena in viral pathogenesis.
Both investigators are part various research groups, and the applicant
will thus have the chance to develop a large expertise in HIV research
and interact with investigators in many laboratories.
	Further information on the laboratory, publications, and ongoing work
can be found on the laboratory WEB site:
http://www.microim.umontreal.ca/lemay/index.html

To apply for these positions, send an introduction letter with your CV
and the names of two referees to:

Dr. Guy Lemay
Professor and chairman
Departement de microbiologie et immunologie
Universite de Montreal
P.O. Box 6128, station centre-ville
Montreal, Quebec
Canada, H3C 3J7