[Chlamydomonas] PCR confirmation of recombinant chlamydomonas

jat jathish at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 11:18:45 EST 2006

Hi everybody,
    Our lab in India (University of Agricultural Sciences , Bangalore)
is working on chlamydomonas as a system to study the functionality of
abiotic stress responsive genes. I am an M.Sc. student and we are
encountering problem in confirming the recombinant chlamydomonas. We
are not getting positive result for the colony pcr .But if we do DNA
extraction of the recombinant colony and then do PCR , it is giving
positive results. But  it is not possible to grow each and every colony
and then go for DNA extraction and pcr for confirmation of recombinat
colonies. Can any one suggest me a solution for this problem ? Since we
have the gene specific primers, pcr with those primers will be the only
method to confirm the recombinants. We need an effective method to
colony pcr of the recombnant chlamydomonas colonies.

Plese help.........

Thanking you,

Jathish