IUBio

Mononucleosis Samples

Bryan Kiehl b3748 at cts.com
Sat Dec 21 18:02:55 EST 1996

We are beginning a field trial testing  dipsticks that detects
heterophile, EBV VCA IgM and IgG, EBNA IgG, CMV IgG and IgM, and
toxoplasma IgG. In addition to the routine samples, we wish to test
the following:

EBV infections that are heterophile negative (presumably from
pediatric patients)

Samples from patients documented to have CMV infections and symptoms
consistent with mononucleosis (e.g., WBC differential right shift)

Samples from patients documented to have toxomplasosis and symptoms
consistent with mononucleosis

Our study is beginning in two U.S. sites, but we plan to expand into
at least one additional site. If interested, please let me know.

I can be contacted by email, FAX (619-592-9400) or phone (619-592-9300
x309).
Bryan Kiehl
GenBio, San Diego
b3748 at cts.com