Biotechnology company in Houston, Texas has an open position as follows.
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist-Biologist
Reports to: Research Director (Ph.D.)
Summary: Develop and supervise a cell/molecular biology-based research
program to further our understanding of the interaction of nucleic
acid-derived therapeutics with cells. Develop in vitro and in vivo assay
systems and analytical methods to test the activity of oligonucleotides
and other therapeutics. Communicate research findings to other scientists
and management, and contribute to the strategic research direction of the
company. Working within the framework provided by the management, explore
the full range of biological research methods to achieve Company goals.
1. Must be in the Houston area, no relocation money available (or willing
to relocate at
your own expense).
2. Ph.D. in cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
3. 2-4 years of experience postdoctoral.
4. 4-8 years of experience in fundamental research on biochemistry and
in the fields of immunology or cancer biology.
5. Broad-based training and experience in the development,
interpretation of in vitro assays.
6. Publications in major, peer reviewed scientific journals.
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Personal computer skills.
9. Highly motivated TEAM PLAYER.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, probable range $45-50K/annum.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume to the
address below. We will furnish a further skill survey for potential
candidates to complete to determine qualifications.
If you know someone who might be interested in this position,
please provide them with a copy of the this message.
David W. Walters, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Recruiter
ssihouston at aol.comhttp://www.net-solutions.com/ScienStaff
7007 Gulf Freeway, Suite 239
Houston, Texas 77087
Phone: 713-640-1929, FAX: 713-640-1942