IUBio

syphilis serology

Stephen P Barrett [Medicine] s.barrett at ic.ac.uk
Mon Sep 30 04:19:07 EST 1996

Over the last year we have found a number of sera that were moderately
positive for TPHA, weak positive FTA and negative for reaginic tests.
Although confirmed on retesting, after freezing and thawing the sera became
negative.  We are using the kit marketed in England by Launch as the
'reditest'.  I have encountered this problem a few times previously but now
it seems much more frequent.

Has anybody else experienced this, or got any views?

Thanks.

Steve Barrett

Dr. S.P. Barrett,
Microbiology Department,