P-element insertions near 25D

Boyer, Paul D. pdboyer at portia.caltech.edu
Sun May 16 11:03:00 EST 1993

Thanks for the information on the Indiana flybase.  I did
in fact know about that and found that stock earlier.  What
I'm particularly interested in is one of the PlacW mutants,
which I know can be extracted and cloned since they include
sufficient plasmid sequences in the P element to enable
them to be replicated and selected.  I'm trying to find out
from Allan Spradling, whose lab generated the A15O17 line,
whether this rosy construct can also be cut out and propagated
as a plasmid.  If anyone else knows about this, I'd really be
happy to hear about it.

Thanks again for your help.  -Paul