Dear Sir or Madam,
I'm a phD candidate under the supervision of Prof. Dajun Liu in
Cytogenetics Institute, Nanjing Agricultural University. And I will defend
my dissertation in May this year. My phD research work mainly focused on
the following aspects:
1. Identification of RFLP and PCR markers tightly linked to wheat Powdery
Mildew resistance genes.
2. Conversion of RFLP markers into PCR based markers (STS).
3. Pyramiding different Pm genes under the help of molecular markers.
4. Identification and confirmation of the concrete Pm genes contained in
some of the domestic bred Pm resistance varieties.
5. Primary study on Pm resistance gene cloning using degenerated primers
based on the conserved resistance gene motifs in Dr. Chen Zhangliang's
lab, Beijing University.
My main interest will be in Plant genome analysis, Marker assistant
breeding,Plant transformation, Gene cloning, Gene regulation and
expression.And I deem it a great honor if I could pursuit my postdoctoral
study in your lab.
Enclosed please find my CV and Publications. It will be very appreciated if
you could inform me some information about my application.
Thanks again for your consideration and I'm looking forward to hearing from
you in your earliest convenience.
Nanjing Agri. Univ.
Name : Liu Jinyuan
Date of Birth : Oct.19,1964
Sex : Male
Nationality : Chinese
Addr. for Correspondence: Dept. of Agronomy , Nanjing Agri. Univ.
Nanjing,Weigang, Jiangsu 210095, P.R.CHINA
Tel. (025)4396029 Fax: (025)4395308
E-mail: cinaunj at public1.ptt.js.cn
Education and Professional Experience
1994-Present: Doctoral Study in Cytogenetics Inst. Nanjing Agri. Univ.
1991-1994 : Assistant Researcher in Laborotory of Biotech., Shandong Acad.
of Agri. Sciences
1989-1991 : Visiting Scholar at Waite Inst., Univ. Adelaide, Australia
1988.4-5 : Took part in a training course on "Plant in vivo and in vitro
mutation breeding" held at Seibersdorf Laboratory. Joint FAO/IAEA , Vienna,
1985-1991 : Junior research scientist at Shandong Acad. of Agri. Sciences
1981-1985 : Undergraduate study in Dept. of Biology, Shandong University.
(Bachelor Degree of Sciences)
Fields of specialization
Molecular Biology, Cytogenetics, Plant Biotechnology, Plant
Physiology, Plant Conventional and Mutation Breeding
Position desired : Postdoctoral Fellowship or visiting scholar
Major Research Experience
1. Identification of molecular markers tightly linked to wheat Powdery
Mildew resistance genes and their application in plant breeding.
2. Conversion of RFLP markers into PCR-based markers.
3. Pyramid of different wheat Powdery Mildew resistance genes under the
assistance of molecular markers.
4. Primary study on Pm resistance gene cloning using degenerated primers
based on the conserved resistance gene motifs
5. Transformation of wheat and maize embryogenic calli by biolistic
6. Identification of common wheat-Roegneria ciliaris disomic chromosome
addition lines and determination of the homoeology of the alien chromosomes
using RFLP probes.
7. Construction of cDNA library for Haynaldia villosa and the
identification of low-copy probes.
8. Analysis of wheat-rye translocation lines on DNA level.
9. Structural analysis to the R173 family of rye-specific repetitive DNA
10. In vitro and in vivo mutation breeding and somaclonal variation study
wheat, corn and cotton.
11. Introducing of long-fibre and strength traits of Island cotton to
Upland cotton materils by induced mutation treatments and analysis of the
1. Award the 2nd prize of the advancement of Science and Technology by the
Educational Committee of Shandong Province for the research project "Study
on wheat somaclonal variation and their application in wheat breeding".
2. Award the 3nd prize of the advancement of Science and Technology by the
Dept. of Agri. for the research project "Mutation breeding on crop
3. Awarded the excellent graduate student by Nanjing Agri. Univ. in 1996.
Member, Chinese Society of Genetics
Member, Chinese Society of Life Sciences
Member, Chinese Society of Agri. Biotechnology
Member, Chinese Society of Nuclear Agronomy
1. Prof. Dajun Liu (My phD Supervisor )
Professor of Agronomy and Genetics, former President of Nanjing Agri.Univ.
Cytogenetics Institute, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu,
210095, P. R. China
Telephone no.: 0086-25-4395308 , Fax no.: 0086-25-4395308
E-mail: DJLiu at public1.ptt.js.cn
2. Dr. John Yu
USDA-ARS-SCRL, 2765 F&B Road
Phone:(409)260-9237 , Fax: (409)260-9333 , E-mail:Z0Y4854 at ACS.TAMU.EDU
3. Dr. Li Zhongyi
CSIRO Plant Industry, GPO Box 1600, ACT 2601
Phone: 0061-6-2465313, Fax:0061-6-2465345
E-mail:zon at pican.pi.csiro.au
1. Liu J-Y and Shi X-Y. (1990). Plantlets regeneration from young embryo
culture of Bromus inermis. Plant Physiology Communacation.4:55
2. He S-X, Liu J-Y et al. (1991).Study on wheat somaclonal variation in R1
generation. Acta Phytobiological Sinica.1(1):48-53
3. He S-X, Liu J-Y et al. (1991). Study on somaclonal variation of wheat in
R2 generation. Acta Phytobiological Sinica.1(1):54-59
4. Rogowsky P., Manning S., Liu J-Y and Langridge P. (1991). The R173
family of rye-specific repetitive DNA sequences.Genome.34:88-95
5. Rogowsky P., Liu J-Y, Manning S. and Langridge P. (1992). Structural
heterogeneity in the R173 family of rye-specific repetitive DNA sequences.
6. He S-X, Shi X-Y and Liu J-Y et al.(1992). The application of in vitro
induced mutation breeding in wheat. J. Shandong Agri. Sci. 5:6-9
7. Liu J-Y and Liu Q.(1993).Primary study on the transformation of wheat
via pollen tube pathway. In Progress of Molecular breeding in Agriculture.
Acta Agri. Sci. Press. P89-92
8. He S-X, Yao W-G and Liu J-Y et al.(1993). Study on mutagenesis of
immature embryo callus treated with (-rays in wheat. Acta Agri. Nucl.
9. Liu J-Y, Zhu D-B et al.(1994). Identification of pollen-tube pathway in
maize using H3-labeled exgeneous DNA. J. Nucl. Agri. Sci. 15(2):15-18
10. Liu J-Y. (1994). Plant gene transfer: Present status and future
11. Shi X-Y, Liu J-Y et al.(1996). The somatic culture and plantlets
regeneration from long-fibre cotton mutant lines. Acta Agri. Nucl.
12. Liu J-Y, Liu D-J et al. (1997). A preliminary practice of molecular
marker assisting breeding£breeding wheat for powdery mildew resistance
using RFLP markers. J. of Nanjing Agri. Univ. 20(20:1-5
13. Liu J-Y and Liu D-J.(1997).Review on molecular markers and their
application in plant breeding. Jiangsu J. of Agri. Sci.(in press)
14. Liu J-Y et al. (1997).Transformation of wheat and corn embryogenic
calli by biolistic bombardment. Shandong J. of Agri. Sci.(in Press)
15. Tao W-J, Liu J-Y and Liu D-J.(1997). Identification of common wheat
-Roegeria ciliaris disomic chromosome addition lines and determination of
the homoeology of the alien chromosomes by RFLP probes. Acta Agronomica
16. Liu J-Y, Tao W-J and Liu D-J.(1997). Rapid identification and analysis
of markers linked to wheat mildew resistance gene Pm2 using random primers
and near-isogenic lines.(Submitted to Journal of Agricultural
17. Chai S-C, Liu J-Y and Liu D-J.(1997).Construction of cDNA library for
Haynaldia villosa and the identification of low-copy probes. (To be
submitted to Acta Genetica Sinica)
18. Xia G-M, Li Zh-Y, Wang S-L, Liu J-Y et al.(1997). Asymmetric somatic
hybridization between common wheat and Haynaldia villosa . (To be submitted
to Molecular Breeding)