Cage designs for Drosophila

Simone Botti simone.botti at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Oct 1 08:50:36 EST 1998

Good day,

I need to construct (or buy) a cage to grow flies in order to collect an
average of 2 grams of embryos (!) in gastrula stage ( I need them to purify a
secreted protein that is only expressed by gastrulating embryos).

I would be very glad if any experts in growing large numbers of flies ( and
collecting large quantities of embryos) could point me towards the best design
for such a cage ( in case I'll decide to make it in-house), or towards any
company that might cater to this particular need.

Thanks a lot for your time.

--
Simone Botti
--------------------------

Laboratoire de Neurobiologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire
CNRS URA 1857
Ecole Normale Superieure
46, rue d'Ulm
75230 Paris cedex 05