Equipment for fly research - request for information

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Sat Jan 23 14:41:29 EST 1999

John Roote and Michael Ashburner are writing a Chapter on Fly Husbandary
for the new Drosophila "methods" book being edited by Bill Sullivan,
R. Scott Hawley and Ashburner for Cold Spring Harbor Press.

This will include detailed lists of equipment, including model numbers
and the full addresses, phone/fax/email/url's of suppliers.  We can
cover the suppliers in the UK reasonably well but equipment might vary
among countries.

If you have favorite models or sources of any of the following we will
be very pleased if you can send us the details:

steam kettles, peristaltic pumps for media
fly bottles, vials, bungs
dissecting microscopes
carbon dioxide & related products
porous polyethylene, scintered glass (for CO2 pads)
incubators
humidifiers
instant fly food
agar