D.m. cell cultures

David das1002REMOVE-THIS-BIT at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 5 17:05:11 EST 1999

There is a book devoted to the subject, called 'Drosophila Cells in
Culture', by Guy Echalier (Academic Press, 1997). Also, there is a chapter
in a Meth. Cell Biol. of recent years, by Cherbas (perhaps with other
authors, I'm not sure) on this subject (you should be able to find it via
Pubmed/Medline searches). And there is a (shorter) chapter by her in
'Drosophila: a practical approach', 2nd edition (1998, Oxford Univ.
Press).

Also, Invitrogen sells a kit for using Drosophila cells (for production of
recombinant proteins, I *think*) - see their WWW site (probably
www.invitrogen.com).

Regards,

David

--
To reply by email, please remove the 'REMOVE-THIS-BIT' from my email address. Thanks!