kc and Schneider cell lines

Hinnerk Boriss biohb at biology.au.dk
Tue Jul 6 14:23:06 EST 1999

David, many thanks for your literature suggestions!

After some reading I have another question. Both the kc and Schneider
cell lines seem to have been established in the early seventies. Do the
(commercially) available cell lines all originate from those very cell lines, or
are they recent isolates of similar cells?
Further, if they have been maintained for roughly 30 years in culture (or were
they mostly stored in the freezer?), to what extend is their mutational load
known?

Cheers,
Hinnerk