(none)

Mary Stewart mastewar at BADLANDS.NODAK.EDU
Mon Jul 19 19:00:21 EST 1999

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone else has the problem described below and how they
have solved it.  We use CO2 to anesthesize flies.  We have a multi-stage
CO2 regulator on a CO2 tank and when we work with the flies, we turn on the
CO2 at about 2-4 psi and let the CO2 run continually.  After 20 or 30
minutes of use, the gas regulator gets very cold and frost forms on the
outside of the regulator.  We don't have any CO2 leaks that we can detect.
It seems to me that the regulator shouldn't get frosty.  Does anyone have
any ideas?
Thanks,
Mary Stewart
Mary Stewart, Ph.D.