Postdoctoral positions

Tony Ip Tony.Ip at umassmed.edu
Tue Feb 8 12:36:57 EST 2000

Dear Colleagues:

Postdoctoral and Research Assistant positions are available in my
laboratory.  Persons with experience in molecular biology and
biochemistry is essential.  Experience in manipulating Drosophila is
particularly welcome.  The salary scale for postdocs are similar to NIH
guideline, in the range of US$27,000 for the 1st year.  The salary for
research assistant will depend on experience.

My laboratory uses Drosophila melanogaster to study development and
immune response.  We are focusing on the Snail family proteins in the
processes of gastrulation, neurogenesis and apoptosis, and on the role
of fly NF-kB
proteins in immune response.

UMass Medical School is a rapidly growing research institution, and our
program has 15 active faculty members working in the areas of HIV,
diabetes, signal transduction, transcriptional regulation, and
development.  Worcester is a very livable city, located about 45 minutes

west of Boston.

Anyone interested please contact

Tony Ip, Ph.D.
Program in Molecular Medicine