Postdoc - fly circadian clocks

Jaga Giebultowicz giebultj at bcc.orst.edu
Tue May 29 16:44:54 EST 2001

Postdoc in fruit fly circadian clocks

Postdoctoral position available to study the roles of peripheral clocks in
coordination of physiological functions with emphasis on reproduction. Our
goal is to understand the role of circadian clock in reproductive fitness by
studying clock-controlled genes and rhythms in cellular physiology. Putative
clock-controlled genes expressed it the fruit fly testes were identified by
DNA microarrays (in collaboration with B. Oliver at NIH).  Successful
candidate will be involved in 1) the analysis of clock-controlled genes,
using in situ hybridization and real time PCR, and 2) elucidation of the
roles played by clock-controlled genes in sperm development and maturation,
using genetic manipulations.
Our laboratory is affiliated with the Center for Gene Research and
Biotechnology and with graduate program in Molecular and Cellular Biology at
the Oregon State University. Corvallis is a picturesque town located short
drive away from Portland, the Oregon Coast, and Cascade Mountains.
We seek highly motivated Ph.D.s with experience in cell/molecular biology
and Drosophila genetics. If you are interested in joining our lab, please
send your CV and names/addresses of three references to:

Dr. Jaga Giebultowicz
Entomology, Cordley 2046
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331