gene analysis software

Sandra Schulze sschulze at sfu.ca
Mon Jan 14 20:00:52 EST 2002

Hi there -

I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of on- line (free)
software which can align a protein sequence with genomic DNA?  I am trying
to get some pictures together for publication which describe the structure
of genes in a species for which there is no genome project (Drosophila
virilis). I have seen figures in papers from the early 1990's in which the
protein (single letter amino acid code) is aligned with the genomic DNA
sequence, thus illustrating intron-exon structure, overall gene size, etc.
Genbank does it too (graphics option) but how can i do this for my virilis
genes on my PC?

Thanks in advance,

Sandra Schulze
Dept. Molecular Biology & Biochemistry
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby BC
CANADA
Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people
advice.They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock.  After
his death, his career suffered a dramatic decline.

---