[Drosophila] Apterous vs. Vestigial Wing

Mark Thorson via dros%40net.bio.net (by nospam from sonic.net)
Fri Mar 23 15:25:06 EST 2012

I'm growing some cultures of apterous mutants,
and they don't seem to be as vigorous cultures
as the vestigial wing cultures I grew about 8
years ago.  It could be that my memory is faulty
or the changes I made to the protocol or any of
a number of other factors, but I'm wondering if
it could be that the apterous strain just doesn't
grow as vigorously as vestigial wing.  I've never
grown apterous before.  Any comments on the
relative vigor of these strains?