[Drosophila] RNA extractions from frozen flies

sandra schulze via dros%40net.bio.net (by heterochromatic from gmail.com)
Mon Jul 27 19:49:35 EST 2015

People of Flyland,

I have just extracted total RNA from flies that have been frozen at
minus 80 since October 2014-January 2015 and the RNA was all degraded
:(

Was I a fool to try and get RNA out of flies that had been frozen for
ten months? The kit seems fine on fresh flies but tanked with the
frozen ones.

Advice?

Thanks,

Sandra Schulze