This is a second call for the participation on the International Symposium
on Sustainability of Dehesas, Montados and other Agrosilvopastoral Systems
to be held in Cáceres (Spain) during 21-24 September 2003.
Papers are welcomed from scientists and technicians working on fields
- Integrated approaches in landuse and land cover change dynamics.
- Developing strategies for sustainable management of agrosylvopastoral
- The definition of land quality indicators as an essential part for
evaluating sustainability of agrosylvopastoral landuse.
- The definition of distinctive features of hydrological, degradational and
soil erosion processes in pasturelands with sparse tree cover (including in
some cases rotational cultivation).
- The relationship between different land uses and management techniques and
soil erosion and degradation. Of special interest is the role of different
domestic livestock species, their grazing management and stocking rates.
For detailed information about the symposium, please read the attached
archive (viruses free), visit our web-page http://geot.unex.es/symposium ,
or contact snadal at unex.es